Eudaimonia jewelry are made with passion and lots of love! Our ambition is that you pass them on to the next generation. This would mean taking some good care of them!
Sterling Silver Jewelry
Our eudaimonia shapes & objects jewelry are only produced with sterling silver, one of the most beautiful and lustrous of all metals. Sterling silver is a precious metal and may require cleaning from time to time. With proper care, your silver will retain its beauty and character for many generations to come.
- Eudaimonia encourages you to wear your silver jewelry every day and enjoy them. However, they need some care:
- Sterling silver tarnishes, especially when exposed to salt air and products containing sulphur, such as rubber bands and some papers.
- Clean: You can clean them by putting on a soft cloth a small amount of silver jewelry cleaner on a soft cloth and gently rubbing the silver piece. Once finished rinse the silver with warm water and dry with a clean soft cloth. Note: chlorine and bleach should Not be used!
- In case you don’t have a silver polish product at home, place your silver jewelry in a glass bowl with warm water and gentle liquid soap, with no fragrance or antibacterial purposed ones, for a few seconds. Rinse with warm water and gently wipe it dry with a clean cloth.
- Store: Once cleaned and polished, silver must be kept dry and properly stored. Our eudaimonia flannel bags will protect it from abrasion and offer a degree of tarnish prevention. Try to keep each piece apart to avoid scratching.
- Avoid thorough cleaning of sterling silver with black oxidation. Do not use silver polish for the black plated ones because it will cause the plating to wear off. Don’t wear them once you washing your hands, having a shower going to the pool or sea. Don’t use perfume, lotions etc while wearing them. The oxidization will gradually fade with wear but the above activities will make this process faster. Contact us to ‘refresh’ it at no additional charge.
- Clean: Most gold and platinum jewelry can be maintained with a non-abrasive cleaner. Examine your jewelry regularly to make sure settings are snug and clasps and joinings are secure.
- Store: Jewelry storage is important as well. At the time of purchase, all eudaimonia jewelry is wrapped in a protective box and a flannel pouch. Between wearings, we recommend that you place it back in its original case or another suitably lined box or pouch.
- Avoid exposing gold jewelry to household bleach, which will quickly cause gold to discolour and possibly disintegrate.
- Avoid putting perfume directly on your jewelry.
- Never go swimming wearing jewelry, as chlorine in swimming pools and sea water can be abrasive to all metals.
- Don’t wear your jewelry while cleaning, gardening or doing sports. Sweat, chemicals and rough edges will scratch and might create damage to the metal.
- Bangles should be adjusted gently on the hand to avoid breakage.
- For pieces with chain, bag only the main piece and leave the chain outside of the pouch to avoid scratches